Prepare for Canadian Driving Test(s)
Test Your Rage
FREE Driving Test For Every Province
Change Province Selection
) / Nova Scotia 5L Driving Rules Simulated Test
Nova Scotia 5L License Test
Restart the test
(New set of question every time)
1 - What does this hand signal mean?
1. Driver in vehicle is exiting a highway
2. Driver in vehicle is slowing down or stopping
3. Driver in vehicle is turning left
4. Driver in vehicle is turning right
2 - When using highbeam lights when do you have to switch to lowbeam lights?
1. Within 50 m of oncoming vehicles
2. You do not have to switch
3. If the oncoming car puts their highbeams on, you do not have to switch
4. Within 150 m of oncoming vehicles
3 - Under what circumstances a driver is allowed to pass a vehicle on a solid double line road ?
1. If he is passing a farm truck
2. If he is passing a Bicycle
3. If he is passing a truck
4. If he is passing a really slow moving car
4 - What are passing or climbing lanes for?
1. They help thin out traffic by providing an extra line
2. They allow for slower vehicles to move into the right lane so faster ones can pass on the left
3. They allow for frequent stops and a rest area ahead
4. They are for vehicles that have trouble climbing hills
5 - If you approach an intersection on a main road that is blocked with traffic, what should you do?
1. Move up so cars behind you can move forward
2. Slowly proceed through the intersection
3. Turn left or right to avoid the heavy traffic back-up
4. Stop before entering the intersection
6 - If you are facing a red light and a police officer instructs traffic in the direction you are travelling to go straight, what should you do?
1. Treat the intersection as a four-way stop
2. Follow the direction of the police officer despite what the traffic light or road sign indicates
3. First stop at the intersection and then proceed
4. Slow down to 40 m/h and then proceed through
7 - If a traffic light is red, but there is a green arrow pointing left, what does that mean?
1. Vechicles in the left turning lane may turn right
2. Vehicles in the left turning lane may turn left
3. No vehicles may turn
4. The direction of the green arrow indicates there is a one-way street
8 - Which of these situations may result in a driving suspension after a court order?
1. If you have a medical condition that affects your ability to drive
2. If you do not have your vehicle properly
3. If you exceed the speed limit by 50 m/h or greater
4. All of the above
9 - What must you do when changing lanes?
1. Signal and steer into lane slowly
2. Check mirrors and blind spots for space, signal, check for a space again, steer into lane
3. Signal and steer into lane quickly to get into lane safely
4. Sound horn, signal and move slowly
10 - When you come to a railway crossing, there are flashing signal lights, what must you do?
1. Continue slowly because flashing lights are only a warning to drive slow
2. Stop and then proceed slowly across the tracks
3. Stop and wait for the signal lights to stop flashing
4. Drive around the gate or barrier to avoid getting stuck on the tracks
11 - What do the white markings in this diagram represent?
1. Two parallel white lines at an intersection indicate a crosswalk for pedestrians
2. They indicate there is a one-way street to the right
3. These solid lines indicate there is no passing in either direction
4. These do not indicate anything different from other directions
12 - How do you make a left turn from a two-way road onto a two lane one-way road?
1. Turn from the far right lane into the left curb lane
2. The from the far right lane into the right curb lane
3. Turn from the far left lane into the left curb lane
4. Turn from the far left lane into the right curb lane
13 - What does a flashing red traffic light mean?
1. Slow down and drive with caution
2. Stop and turn left
3. Stop and turn right
4. Stop and proceed when its safe
14 - How much space should you have between you and any vehicle are you following?
1. No rule applies and you will not get a fine or demerit points as long as caution is used
2. At least 2 seconds so you can see around the vehicle ahead and also have enough time to stop
3. Atleast 10 seconds so you can see around the vehicle ahead and also have enough time to stop
4. There is a rule of 6 seconds but it is for car drivers only
15 - What should you do when you hear bells or sirens or see flashing lights?
1. Slow down and move to the far left of the roadway but do not stop
2. Slow down, move to the far right of the roadway and stop when it is safe to do so. Do not block the shoulder if on a freeway
3. Come to a complete stop whereever you are
4. Speed up and keep the movement of the traffic going
16 - If there are continuity lines to the right of your vehicle in the lane you are in what must you do?
1. You must merge with the traffic to your left
2. You are not required to do anything unless you want to exit. Your lane is unaffected
3. You must turn into another lane as your lane is exiting or ending
4. You must merge with the traffic to your right
17 - If 2 vehicles come to an uncontrolled intersection at the same time, who has the right-of-way?
1. The vehicle on the left
2. The vehicle on the right
3. The vehicle turning left
4. The vehicle turning right
18 - What does this hang signal mean?
1. Driver in vehicle is turning left
2. Driver in vehicle is turning right
3. Driver in vehicle is exiting a highway
4. Driver in vehicle is slowing down or stopping
19 - When approaching a stopped emergency vehicle with its red lights flashing, you must?...
1. Maintain the posted rate of speed for the area
2. Slow down and drive cautiously. You must leave one lane clearance between you and an emergency vehicle if there are multiple lanes in your direction
3. Slow down, stop and pull over to the right
4. Slow down, stop and pull over to the left
20 - Coming to a complete stop at an intersection is required, but where do you stop if there is no stop line, crosswalk or sidewalk?
1. You stop right beside the stop sign
2. You stop right before the stop sign
3. You stop at the edge of the intersection
4. You stop a little into the intersection so that you can see the traffic and pedestrians
© 2020. FreeG1Test.com All Rights Reserved.
Advertise with us
© 2020. FreeG1Test.com All Rights Reserved.